Sunday, November 19, 2017

What I am thankful for this year!



Wow what a whirlwind year it has been for me. I am sure that many of you feel the same way. Working and being a mom to three little ones makes the days whip right on by. I am so very thankful for a loving family and for a career where every day my goal is to help others.

I am thankful this year for so many things, but wanted to share the top 5 things I am thankful for.

1.  I am thankful for my loving family. I have three little ones and seeing them grow everyday has been such a blessing and joy. One highlight was taking them to the beach this summer on an airplane. It was quite the experience. Stressful for us but something they still talk about often, even after the sun has faded away. Going to every soccer game, basketball game and gymnastics class is a joy!
2.  I am thankful for the opportunity to live close to family and see them often. We lived for 3 years in Austin, Texas. While that was a wonderful experience and I made many friends while being there, I missed being close to my family. Watching my kids bond with my parents, brothers, sister, nieces, nephew and other family has been so wonderful!
3.  I am thankful for the opportunity to collaborate with other professionals, some from very far away. I have been working with groups of speech language pathologists here in the United States and some in countries far from Ohio. Being able to talk with and discuss effective communication services for students with autism has been very rewarding. We all want to help our students become more independent communicators and I feel lucky to have the opportunity to help in this way. Learn more about these services here.
4.  I am thankful for the journey I have been on with creating the action builder cards. Having an idea that would help other professionals provide systematic language instruction with ease has been a dream of mine for the past year. Sticking with the process and developing this product has been a dream come true! I have learned so much in the process. Thinking of that first promo video I made and the first samples I created makes me cringe!! I have come a long way in a year- but know that I have much more to learn. Knowing that other professionals are using this product to help their students is beyond words!! Learn more about the cards here.





5.   I am thankful for the support of my husband. For he knows a lot more about webinars, product development, blogs, Facebook live and TPT then he ever really wanted to learn!! I love sharing what is going on in my therapy room with all of you. Collaboration is key to life long learning! Thanks so much for being on this journey with me. You are appreciated!!


What are you thankful for this year? Pop on over to subscribe to my email at www.abaspeech.org and leave me a message J


No comments :

Post a Comment

Speech Therapist and Behavior Analyst Collaboration

Many students with autism work with a team of professionals on a regular basis. Those teams might include a speech-language pathologis...